Navara Rice | Njavara Rice | Shashtika Rice | Authentic Kerala Navara | Navara Red Rice | Medicinal Rice
Wayanaden’s Organic Navara Rice is sourced from Black glumed Navara, which is priced high in Ayurveda for its medicinal qualities. Navara is used as a nutritional rice and health food.
Navara rice cultivated in the higher ranges like Wayanad has more medicinal properties than the one harvest from other parts of Kerala.
Organic Navara Rice has its origin in Kerala. Wayanaden’s Organic Njavara Rice is hand picked from the organic farmers of Wayanad, Kerala. It is an unpolished, medicinal rice and is believed to be loaded with health benefits and has an important place in Ayurveda. Navara is a Sastika rice /Shashti Sali (Sastika means the paddy which matures in 60 days) variety of Kerala.
Other Medicinal and Therapeutic uses of Navara:
- Navara rice is used as food (in the form of gruel) in the treatment for psoriasis, diabetes, osteoporosis, cirrhosis of liver and piles.
- Karkkidakakanji / Marunnukanji (Navara gruel): During the monsoon season in Kerala, Navara is included in the diet to help develop immunity and is effective in curing fatigue.
- Organic Navara Rice is considered a safe food for diabetes patients.
- Good for health conscious people / for weight management by replacing white rice with Navara Red Rice.
- Health food for babies: Navara palkanji/ Navara Milk Porridge : Paalkanji is an easily digestible and used as a health food for older people and also fed to children. Navara rice has high levels of fiber and thus it helps in treating bloating and constipation.
- Organic Navara Rice is rich in antioxidants and has two or three times as much zinc and iron than white rice. Polished rice does not have many nutritional benefits. You can reduce the carbohydrates in your diet by replacing white rice (carb rich) with Navara rice which is protein rich.
1. For International orders, only prepaid is accepted.
2. International shipping rates will be separately added.
3. Products can be purchased through our website and shipping charges are to be paid after the purchase (contact us to know about the estimated shipping rates if required: estimated rates will be given in 12 - 24 hrs, only on our working days). Whatsapp us or Mail us at email@example.com once you make the order payment.
4. Customs duty and taxes if charged at the time of delivery by the receiving country, are to be paid by the customer.
5. Processing time: 2-3 working days (our working days: MONDAY-FRIDAY). After the dispatch, shipping takes 7 - 15 working days (Sunday & any other national holiday being non-working days). Exceptions on shipping dates, if our store is closed for Holidays. Please check the store alerts or ANNOUNCEMENT / 'PLEASE NOTE' sections.
6. No returns, refunds, exchanges and cancellations are accepted for International shipping. Please read the shipping and refund policies.
7. We work as hard as we can to try to meet all delivery estimates, but sometimes there may be delays - e.g. because of postal/carrier delays, logistics, bad weather, or things out of our control. Our team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: We don't have any extra information on tracking other than the updates from the tracking number given by the courier company.
8. All items other than Honey are eligible for International shipping.