Navara Rice | Njavara Rice | Shashtika Rice | Authentic Kerala Navara | Navara Red Rice | Medicinal Rice
Wayanaden’s Organic Navara Rice is sourced from Black glumed Navara, which is priced high in Ayurveda for its medicinal qualities. Navara is used as a nutritional rice and health food.
Navara rice cultivated in the higher ranges like Wayanad has more medicinal properties than the harvest from other parts of Kerala.
Organic Navara Rice has its origins in Kerala. Wayanaden’s Organic Njavara Rice is hand picked from the organic farmers of Wayanad, Kerala. It is an unpolished, medicinal rice and is believed to be loaded with health benefits and has an important place in Ayurveda. Navara is a Sastika rice /Shashti Sali (Sastika means the paddy which matures in 60 days) variety of Kerala.
Other Medicinal and Therapeutic uses of Navara:
- Navara rice is used as food (in the form of gruel) in the treatment for psoriasis, diabetes, osteoporosis, cirrhosis of liver and piles.
- Karkkidakakanji / Marunnukanji (Navara gruel): During the monsoon season in Kerala, Navara is included in the diet to help develop immunity and is effective in curing fatigue.
- Organic Navara Rice is considered a safe food for diabetes patients.
- Good for health conscious people / for weight management by replacing white rice with Navara Red Rice.
- Health food for babies: Navara palkanji/ Navara Milk Porridge : Paalkanji is an easily digestible and used as a health food for older people and also fed to children. Navara rice has high levels of fiber and thus it helps in treating bloating and constipation.
- Organic Navara Rice is rich in antioxidants and has two or three times as much zinc and iron than white rice. Polished rice does not have many nutritional benefits. You can reduce the carbohydrates in your diet by replacing white rice (carb rich) with Navara rice which is protein rich.
Read more: Navara rice in ayurveda